Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting started


While over the last few months I have been involved in getting my photography business SUCCESS EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY a higher profile in our city, I have also been living a fairly unbalanced life. Not looking after myself and not taking the opportunity to grow. I was reminded of the fact that what is not growing is dying.

As I enjoy putting my thoughts into words and hope that they can inspire others along with the images I create. Reading back through past posts I realised that I hadn't taken any further action to making my dream of becoming a published author a reality. So I am committing that my next 365 posts (one each day for the next year) will then become the book that I will get published by 5 February 2011.

This is the first one and I am publicly taking that first step in faith having no idea how it will eventuate. I am just going to trust that the universe will provide the way to get it done. So in advance I am going to thank the people who have made it possible for this project to even be contemplated.

Firstly. my darling husband Steve who is my biggest and best supporter; Nick and Jess who inspire me to become the best role model that I can be; Bob and Di Allwright for their examples of excellence; Lea Davis for giving a slipper-covered kick up the rear when I really need it; Kurek Ashley for reminding me to get out of my comfort zone and just do it; and finally Donna and Sue for just being them and there when I need them.

So the thought of today is to look at those dreams, put a deadline on them and just take the first step to get them started, even if you can't see all of the details. Oh and have the faith that it will all turn out as it should and the gratitute that you have the chance and the opportunity to grow from the experience.
Getting startedSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment