Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Gift of Friendship

This is my best childhood friend, Donna. We met in Third class and have remained friends through thick and thin. I have just returned home from spending three days together. It seems like everything and nothing has changed. We have grown up and both have wonderful husbands and children, we have our our homes and responsibilities. Yet we still can confide our dreams and secrets without judgment. There was much laughter and tears. Even though we don't see each other enough, it seemed as if it was just yesterday we were together. I am so grateful for her friendship, her support and her love. Donna has always shared her family and her home with me as children and teenagers, and now as adults.





Unsurprisingly, our two daughters were extremely similar and after a brief period where they were sussing each other out, they were insepararable and for two very strong willed, spirited little girls (much like their mothers) there was next to no disputes. They laughed and played, their imagination soared and limits were tested.It was endearing and was like turning back time to see them together. I can only pray that they find a friendship that is as strong and enduring as mine has been with Donna, as it is the true meaning of friendship that all other friendships are measured from. Even though I know that all my friends are all so different and I love them all, often because of these differences, but there is nothing like your first best friend, especially when it survives 30 years and beyond.




Our Beautiful Girls
The Gift of FriendshipSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. It was so wonderful to have you here, like sister really, weaving our way through life, but always reaching out for that one constant. As for our daughters, together they would be a formidable force, lol, so self assured (as I have never been)...watch out world, here our girls come! You & your kin are always & forever welcome in my home & heart, as you always have been. The visit was so short, yet so much chat & just being together...I hope that can sustain me till next time. xoxoxoxo (I so want that photo of you & me!!) Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete