Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Achieving Goals

I was moving some stuff around - in the pretense of cleaning up!! and came across a workbook from when I was a participant at Date with Destiny in 2005. One of the exercises we had to complete was writing a list of dreams that we wanted to achieve. I had that list written in my journal but have not looked at it for sometime. As I read through it, I realised that I have achieved about half of the things on the list. It was then that I was hit by the power of not only having dreams and goals but also in sharing them.

Since 2005 I have achieved all of the following:

1. Getting my teachers degree
2. Working with challenged children
3. Develop my skills in photography and art
4. Starting my own photography business
5. Having a flying lesson
6. Becoming a mentor for teenagers
7. Mediate regularly
8. Let go of baggage from the past
9. Have an annual holiday with family
10. Speak publicly about goals and dreams
11. Become a senior leader for Tony Robbins
12 Take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon


There were others, that I no longer have any desire to achieve as I have grown as a person and my priorities have changed. But it was the act of pursuing these goals that I have learnt lessons, gained insights and become a better person. Then some are still on the list and I plan to tick them over in the near future.

However, I am committed to sharing a revised list for 2009

1. I will sell at least two artworks per month
2. I will be working as a paid photographer, having at least three appointments per month
3. I will sell artwork in at least 6 different countries
4. Assist in organisation and running of at least 3 Youth Camps
5. Swim with dolphins with family
6. Earn $500 a month from logo design work
7. Attend functions at childrens' schools when scheduled
8. Hug my husband and children at least everyday and tell them I love them
9. Spend at least a week with both extended families
10 Go to the gym at least 3 times per week
11 Fit comfortably into size 10 jeans

Now I need to work on the why and the how - that's a task to share with my journal as my thoughts flow easier when I'm writing as opposed to typing.



Also just want to share an artwork that I would like to dedicate to my best friend, Donna. She will understand why. I just ask that she stop being her own worst critic (a bad habit for many women) and find some love and acceptance in all the beauty that makes her, her - a special, unique, loving and caring individual. This image and others like it can be found at my website art4inspiration.com
Achieving GoalsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo After 10 years of one stressful trigger or another, I feel I am emerging....I have always love butterflies, I feel a bit like one....thanks for loving me through it all.

    ReplyDelete